INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Here we are referring to information like your name, contact details, travel preferences
and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied
to us by a third party (e.g. a travel agent) including any information about any
other person on your booking relating to the same (“your details”). Your details
are collected when you request information from us, contact us (and when we contact
you) or when you make a booking with us. You are responsible for ensuring that other
your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us. We will update our records
whenever we have the opportunity to keep your details up to date, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Details
(1) To keep you informed of our services, including hotels, insurance & transfers,
etc., we may disclose your details to our service providers (who could be located
outside the UK/EEA). In order for you to travel overseas, it may be necessary to
disclose your details for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or
any other purposes which is deemed appropriate. Even when this information is not
mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and use your details for the purposes set out in our registration
with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our “group
companies” (some of whom are outside the UK/EEA) for business purposes. We may also
disclose your details to companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or
to our service providers, operating systems or business functions on our behalf,
some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These purposes include administration, providing
services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, improving our service,
business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business
(or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection,
research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing
preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Some of your details (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive
personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your
needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal
data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with
us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose
relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances
where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling
with. For example, if your illness at resort is infectious we may need to make special
arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Details above, we cannot do business with
you or accept your booking.
Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and
services, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Please note that our
websites will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking. You
will be given the opportunity on every e-communication we send you to indicate that
you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
(2) You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing
(3) If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference,
please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below.
(1) You have the right to ask in writing by completing our Data Subject Access Request
form for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a
fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your details.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material
about our products and services. If the following facilities are available, you
can amend your previous preference on our website(s), using our “unsubscribe e-mail”
or in literature which you subsequently return to us. Once properly notified by
you, we will take steps to stop using your details in this way.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection
in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
USE OF TOOLS/"COOKIES" AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If our contact and dealing with you is via our website(s), we may use “cookies”.
Cookies allow us to identify your computer but not you personally. You can set your
or book via our website if you do so. We collect information relating to customer
track of the transaction from one web page to another.
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. We are not
responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites.
It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service
and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone
calls; (2) customer activities using CCTV recording equipment in and around our
premises; and (3) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings
are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have in place appropriate security measures
to keep your details safe.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, or made available
Cookie Usage Policy
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser, and then subsequently sent back to the same website by the browser. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember things that a browser had done there in the past, which can include having clicked particular buttons, logging in, or having read pages on that site months or years ago.
Cookies can be session/temporary cookies, which mean they only stay on your machine whilst you are on our site and as soon as you close your browser these cookies will be deleted, or they can be permanent cookies, which means they stay on your computer even after you leave our website until you manually remove them or your browser deletes them after a set period of time.
Type of Cookies
Name of Cookie
Essential Site Cookies
These cookies are essential as they allow our website to work correctly so that you can complete your booking. These cookies expire at the end of the session.
c = new HttpCookie("SearchDisplay", dr["DisplayType"].ToString());
These cookies allow us to collect information about how users are using the site in order to collect and compile anonymous aggregate information about the site. We use this information to enable us to provide you with high quality content and user experience. Some cookies expire at the end of the session and most will expire within a month. There are a few cookies that will remain on your computer for longer.
Third Party Analytical Cookies
Third party cookies help us compile anonymous, aggregate information about the parts of the site that visited the most and also to track how our advertising is performing. We use this information to enable us to provide you with high quality content and user experience and for us to see how successful our own advertising is performing elsewhere on the internet. Some of the cookies expire at the end of the session but most will remain on your computer for over a year or two.
Social network will use third party cookies to allow us to display social network sharing buttons on our site.
Hotels4u.com £1,000 Hotel Credit Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1 By entering this Prize Draw you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Prize Draw is open to those who sign up for the first time during the entry period to receive e-mail newsletters from Hotels4u.com, except for employees of Hotels4u.com or any other Thomas Cook company, their immediate family members, or anyone else associated with this Prize Draw.
3. 3 You must be over 18 years of age to enter.
4. To enter you must provide your own e-mail address via the Newsletter sign up link on the Hotels4u.com web site. Only valid/genuine e-mail addresses will be eligible. You may only enter once. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
5. The period for entries is from 10 a.m. on Friday 27th June 2014 until 12.00 midnight on Tuesday 30th September 2014.
6. The draw will take place on Friday 17th October 2014, when one winner will be selected at random from all valid email addresses received as described above. The winner will notified via their entry email address no later than Friday 31st October 2014 and must respond to claim their prize within 14 days. If no response is received, Hotels4u.com reserve the right to re-draw a new winner.
7. There is one prize of £1,000 of credit to be used by the winner on a single hotel-only booking with Hotels4u.com. The booking can be for any number of people and any number of rooms, but the winner must be one of those who stays at the chosen hotel. The hotel must be one that is offered via the Hotels4u.com web site.
8. If the cost of the hotel booking made is more than £1,000, the winner must pay any additional sum due at the time of booking. If the cost is less than £1,000, no credit or refund will be given. The credit can be used for a room-only booking or a bed and breakfast booking, but cannot be used to pay for any other services or extras that the winner may wish to add to their booking. The winner and their party will be responsible for all costs of travelling to/from their chosen hotel.
9. The hotel booking made using the £1,000 of credit must be for a stay that takes place/is completed between 1st November 2014 and 31st October 2015. The booking must be made during this period also. All hotels/rooms are subject to availability at the time the booking request is made.
10. To use the £1,000 of credit, the winner must make the hotel booking only via the prize redemption telephone number that will be supplied to them by Hotels4u.com. The credit cannot be used for a booking made in any other way, and cannot be applied retrospectively to a booking that has not been made via the prize redemption phone number. If the booking is not made before 31st October 2015, the credit will expire. The normal bookings conditions of Hotels4u.com as set out on the web site will apply, except to the extent that they are varied by these Prize Draw terms and conditions.
11. Hotels4u.com accepts no responsibility for late entries, delayed entries or non-receipt of entries due to any reason whatsoever, including technical faults or inability to access the Internet or the Hotels4u.com web site.
12. The winner’s full name may be posted on the Hotels4u.com Facebook and Twitter accounts, and may be used for future PR activity.
13. The prize is not transferable or refundable, and cannot be sold on. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize, which must be taken as offered.
13. Hotels4u.com’s decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
14. Hotels4u.com reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
15. By entering the Prize Draw the winner is agreeing to receive the Hotels4u.com e-mail Newsletter.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. Promoter: Hotels4u.com Ltd. Registered Office: The Thomas Cook Business Park, Coningsby Road, Peterborough, PE3 8SB.